Well, the time has finally come. All the preparations have been made. The hay is in the barn. If you don't have it or know it now, you aren't going to know it. Those are all the cliches I can think of.
Thank you all for the prayers, texts, and well wishes over the last few days. Thank you also to all of those that have committed to faithfully pray for us as we go. We can't believe it is finally here. Thank you also to our parents, the Evans, and Gettmanns for caring for our children while we are away. We hope that they want to come home at the end of all this.
Here is the verse that we are holding on to as we get ready to board for the first of 3 flights, and almost 30 hours of travel.
Isaiah 41:9
"I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, 'You are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you."
He has chosen us for Charlotte, and Charlotte for us! What an amazing God we serve!
Have a great weekend, we will hopefully (internet and VPN connections willing) update you when we land on Sunday in China.
Love,
Wade and Maran

No comments:
Post a Comment